Monday, January 26, 2009

Andre 3000 named one of the "Best New Designers in America" by GQ Magazine

Andre 3000, part of the group Outkast has a background in hip-hop, has recently moved toward his acting career, and is now in the fashion limelight. Will his line Benjamin Bixby do well after signing with upscale Barneys.com exclusively in the U.S.?
We shall see.....
Andre's pieces range from $95-$395


Even though I want Andre Benjamin's line to do really well I am not sure I believe it will with price points that are so high. I also don't think it was a necessarily good idea to sign an exclusive contract with Barney's unless they offered him a significant amount of money.

Andre brings something new to the fashion Industry he's going with an era that not too many designers touch, circa 1935 and adding a modern day flare that I can appreciate. I am cheering him on and hope for the best....


No comments:

Post a Comment